SymptomsA container running Terminal Services is configured to use external Terminal Server Licensing Server (TSLS) and to connect to it using specific credentials.
After a container restart, these credentials are lost and it is necessary to re-enter them in the terminal services configuration menu.
A similar error is observed in the Terminal Server Configuration snap-in:
ResolutionThe issue is not related to Parallels Virtuozzo Containers virtualization and is Microsoft Windows 2008-specific. There are three workarounds for this issue:
1. Install the "TS Licensing" service role in the Container.
2. Hide TS licensing notifications using this Microsoft Technet article:
Terminal Server Licensing
3. Add a new stored credentials entry in Network Passwords:
- Go to Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Manage Network Passwords
- Find stored credentials for TSLS
- Add new stored credentials to the same TSLS, but select Windows Logon Credential