SymptomsWhen I try to set backup options in Parallels Management Console by right-clicking registered node and selecting Backup > Set Default Backup Options i see the error:
CauseMost likely file \vz\PVA\Data\etc\backup.conf is absent or corrupted.
Resolution1. Remove \vz\PVA\Data\etc\backup.conf if there is one.
2. Clear backupm Parallels Management Console:
- Go to PMC
- Right-click the required hardware node
- Select Tasks > Manage Parallels Agent Configuration
- In the left tree find backupm and delete it
3. Apply changes and close PMC
4. Stop PVA Agent service:
net stop pvaagent
5. Remove all cache files:
del /F %USERPROFILE%\.vzl\* /Q
6. Start PVA Agent:
net start pvaagent
Now it is possible to set default backup options and edit backup settings.
NOTE: After changing backup settings and applying the changes it is necessary to apply the workaround once again.