Installation of a Parallels Virtuozzo Containers 4.6 update fails with the following message:
Error 1720.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action CheckRebootIsRequired script error -2147024770, : Line 19, Column 1
Installation of Parallels Virtuozzo Containers for Windows after completing the product uninstall procedure fails with the following error:
Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action SetFolders_x64 script error -2147024894, WInShell...
One of the following:
- Node was not rebooted after the installation of MS Updates
- After the installation of MS updates node was rebooted but another reboot is required
- Most likely, not all registry entries related to MSI were removed during the product uninstall procedure.
The following steps are to be implemented:
- Reboot the node after the installation of MS Updates.
- If a single reboot is not enough, please follow this Microsoft knowledgebase article
Clean up MSI cache either manually or via the script:
NOTE: The actions below only apply for Parallels Virtuozzo Containers uninstallation procedure
- Open Registry editor
- Navigate to
- Find all Parallels-related entries and delete them from
- Open Command Prompt
Run the following command:
for /f "tokens=1" %i in ('reg query HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\UpgradeCodes\FB680255797FB5442B4CA35A802585BB') do reg delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\%i /f
After that, re-run the installation wizard.
1234 [How To] How to do manual Virtuozzo uninstall in case of any failure