Plesk uses the following components to obtain statistics:
- "Statistics.exe" utility records monthly statistical data to tables in the "psa" database.
- "Webalizer/Awstats" utilities store statistics in user-friendly format accessible via a web browser.
The Statistics utility performs the following tasks:
Processes the following log files for the services which produce the majority of network traffic:
- Mail logs (for MainEnable):
%plesk_dir%\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Logging\
- FTP logs:
- Records monthly statistics data to the psa.* tables. There following tables contain statistics data:
- Stat - stores overall traffic for every domain calculated for a monthly period.
- DomainsTraffic - contains domain traffic statistics differentiated by application protocols and directions (in/out).
- ClientsTraffic - contains customer traffic statistics calculated as the sum of a customer's domains statistics.
How it works:
Since Plesk 11.5 for Microsoft Windows algorithm of statistic calculation has been changed, and web statistic calculated in two steps:
On the first step during Daily Maintenance Script, Plesk parses all statistic data and processes IIS logs in order to prepare it for web-statistic engine (Webalizer or AWstats). As result, during execution Daily Maintenance Script Plesk generates files, which will be used on the second step. For example:
- On the second step, 'web_statistics_executor.exe' utility processes all log files, prepared on the first step and web statistic web pages for all websites.
Webalizer/Awstats convert the statistical information into a user-friendly HTML format and place it to these folders:
Note: The conf directories can be found in the Windows registry:
- Try to Calculate statistic for one domain according to #116754 article. In case of statistic has been generated successfully, go to next step.
- Check that Scheduled Daily Task is present on the server according to the #120967 article.
To check errors reported by Daily Task use the #114065 article.
If after investigations it is required to regenerate statistic from a particular date use #116754 article .
For other problems please check the articles below or contact Odin Technical Support:
Frequently used articles:
#1937 How can statistic be recalculated for one or more domains?
#122678 Webalizer statistics is not being updated: "Unable to restore run data"
#119516 Web statistics is not updated for all domains
#120353 Webstats not getting calculated (AWStats, Windows)