InformationParallels Virtuozzo Containers for Windows does not automatically propagate security patches for a particular server role to containers if the role is not installed on the Hardware Node itself.
There are two ways to apply the security patches to the affected containers. Please consider the circumstances and the possible consequences before choosing either of two.
Install the missing role to the Hardware NodeIt is recommended that you follow this method if these factors are met:
- There are many containers (three or more) with the affected role.
- Only a few roles are affected (three or fewer).
- Containers will not be migrated to other hosts.
- Install the role which requires the security updates to the Hardware Node.
- Install security patches for this role.
- Reboot the Hardware Node to apply the patches.
NOTE: If a backup of such container is restored on the other Node, it must have the same set of roles that was installed on the host at the moment of making the backup.
It recommended that you follow this method if all of the below factors are met:
Install the update directly to the container
- There are not any drivers (*.sys) included in the update.
- Only a few containers (one or two) are affected.
- A large number of roles (three or more) require security patches.
- Download the required patches inside of the affected container.
- Run manual installation for these patches.
- Restart the container.