Release NotesThe functionality is available as of Plesk Panel 11.0.9 MU#39.
Manual InstallationTo install SimpleDNS Plus manually as a Parallels Plesk Panel component, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Parallels Plesk Panel server as Administrator using Remote Desktop.
- Stop the old Plesk DNS service. This is necessary for the Simple DNS Plus server that is being installed to properly register itself in the system.
- Obtain a SimpleDNS Plus server distribution package and install the application on the Parallels Plesk Panel server by running the package installer.
- Select the HTTP API option of the SimpleDNS Plus server, set the server address to 127.0.0.1, and specify the connection parameters (port and administrator password).
- Go to Tools & Settings > Server Components and click on the "Refresh" button. The SimpleDNS Plus server entry appears in the Plesk components list.
- In Parallels Plesk Panel, go to Tools & Settings > Server Components > DNS Server > SimpleDNS Plus and specify the same connection parameters (port and password) as you did on the SimpleDNS Plus server.
Important: When you have installed SimpleDNS Plus 5.2.x, make sure to enter the valid license key prior to using the server. Otherwise (with an outdated trial key or a key from another server), some operations cannot be performed and the server cannot work properly.
To upgrade the SimpleDNS Plus component manually, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Parallels Plesk Panel server as an administrator using Remote Desktop.
- Obtain a SimpleDNS Plus upgrade package and apply the upgrade to the existing installation.
- Go to Tools & Settings > Server Components and click on the "Refresh" button. The upgraded SimpleDNS Plus component entry appears in the Plesk components list.