What's Included in This Update
This update for Parallels Virtual Automation 6.0 provides a number of new features and bug fixes.
This update contains the following new features:
- Performance limits for the
vzrestoreutilities were implemented. Two parameters were added to the global configuration file,
VZ_TOOLS_IOLIMIT=iolimit— disk I/O bandwidth limit in Bps,
VZ_TOOLS_IOPSLIMIT=iopslimit— disk I/O operations per second limit.
- You can now set the folder where virtual machine backups will be stored by default on a Hardware Node. The new VM Backup Folder option is available on the Parallels Server Settings screen, accessible from the Tasks > Configure subsection on the Hardware Node’s Summary screen.
This update contains fixes for the following issues:
- PVA-33576: Unmerged snapshot due to crash during backup
- PVA-33503: 'Destroying' state in PVA CP while deleting virtual machine snapshot
- PVA-33408: vzlpl may fail with time out during selective restoration of vzfs-based container backup: excessive amount of lseeks
- PVA-33402: Mounting snapshot operation may fail during backup of ploop-based container
- PVA-33517: Container hosted on Parallels Cloud Storage may disappear in PVA
- PVA-33561: Virtual machine backups made with prlctl appears in PVA only after restarting of both pvaagent and pvamn
- PVA-33550: Backup nodes must work without any license
- PVA-33529: Size of VM backup is printed incorrectly in agent logs in some cases
- PVA-33489: In some cases default value for numothersock set for repair container is not enough
- PVA-33486: vzlpl hangs in an infinite loop while creating a snapshot of container on partition with tea hash
- PVA-33479: Disk may be displayed incorrectly in Resource Commitments for pstorage node
- PVA-33474: Backup of container on LVM device may fail in rare cases
- PVA-33469: Container restore operation fails if rpm db was locked during backup
- PVA-33413: vzlpl process may crash in rare cases
- PVA-33406: Backup operation fails for ploop-based non-template-based container
- PVA-33403: Support for Ubuntu sendmail service status in Power Panel
- PVA-33383: The temporary file created during a backup of large container is extremely huge
- PVA-33323: prlctl list takes a long time on pstorage
- PVA-32831: Not able to login to ploop CT via SSH or Power Panel when it is in Repair mode
- PVA-32656: Support viewing and modifying for network adapter type
- PVA-31399: Scheduled restart for list of containers doesn't work
- KB 115599: Unable to stop iptables service via Power Panel: service "iptables" status is not "stopped" after command "stop"
- PVA-33599: Some products may not receive new license status in PVA
- Fixes in documentation.
Obtaining the Update
You can download and install PVA Agent and the Master updates using the "
pva-setup" utility included in the Parallels Virtual Automation distribution.
For more information on Parallels Virtual Automation 6.0 builds, releases, and supported virtualization products, please see KB article 112297.