What's Included in This Update
This update for Parallels Virtual Automation 6.0 provides a number of new features and bug fixes.
This update contains the following new features:
Added two new performance counters for Linux containers:
- counter_iops_used - Disk I/O operations rate (in ops/second);
- counter_iops_limit - Disk I/O operations rate limit.
These counters are accessible via vzagent XML API. The counters are not available for Windows Containers and virtual machines yet.
This update contains fixes for the following issues:
- PVA-33942: Offline migration with ploop conversion and enabled QUOTAUGIDLIMIT fails with error code 65 if Container is based on a standard template.
- PVA-33874: Need to set "Windows 2008" as the default OS type for new virtual machines.
- PVA-33894: Scheduler is only covered by the Full Control privilege.
- PVA-33883: In PVA MN, Containers are always stopped for migration, even if Live migration checkbox is selected.
- PVA-33868: Cannot login to PVA MN and Power Panel in Safari 7.
- PVA-33978: Wrong disk commitment shown for the Hardware Node if the total commitment exceeds 2TB.
- PVA-33907: Granting permission "Manage Virtual Environment Templates" to a user shows a list of all Hardware Nodes and virtual environments to this user.
- PVA-33886: OS template uninstallation does not work from the "Installed on Hardware Nodes" screen.
- PVA-33885: Renaming virtual machine templates residing on SMB shares results in DB error.
- PVA-33845: Time zones in PVA are outdated.
- PVA-33629: Container gets suspended for a long time if migration from PVA fails due to resume failure on the destination node.
- PVA-33598: Cannot change IPv6 gateway for Container's veth interface.
- PVA-33579: Remote Display passwords get cut off after the first 8 characters.
- PVA-33484: Filtering by IP or hostname as well as limiting of returned record count does not work for server_group/get_list requests.
- PVA-33441: In vzagent.conf, the
section should not reset unlisted parameters to their default values.
- PVA-33354: The vzabackup --exclude-files option does not work for ploop Containers.
- PVA-33049: Parameters incompatible with ploops (e.g., quotaugidlimit, diskinodes) need to be hidden from PVA.
- Documentation fixes.
Obtaining the Update:
You can download and install PVA Agent and Master updates using the installer included in the Parallels Virtual Automation distribution. For more information on Parallels Virtual Automation 6.0 builds, releases, and supported virtualization products, please see KB article 112297.