The following error is encountered while trying to browse any .aspx file after a domain migration from the server side:
HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found The requested content appears to be script and will not be served by the static file handler.
The website has incorrect request handlers defined in IIS.
- Access the IIS Management console (type
'inetmgr'in the Windows 'Run' menu)
- Expand the "Sites" folder, find a problem domain and click "Handler Mappings"
- From the list of request handlers, find the one which has a
'handler'column. Right-click on the handler, and choose
'revert to parent'in the contextual menu
- Disable and then re-enable ASP support for the domain from Parallels Plesk Control Panel
If the issue persists, reconfigure the problem domain:
For Plesk 11.5:
"%plesk_cli%"\repair.exe --reconfigure-web-site domain.tld
For Parallels Plesk Panel versions below 11.5:
"%plesk_dir%"\websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=domain.tld
- If the issue still persists, re-install the ASP.NET feature component via Windows Server Manager.