1. What's Included in This Update
This update includes a new Virtuozzo Containers for Linux 4.7 kernel (2.6.32-042stab093.4) based on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 kernel (2.6.32-431.23.3.el6). The new kernel introduces stability and security fixes.
2. Bug Fixes
- Configuring ipset netfilter rules from inside a Container is prohibited as ipset has not been virtualized yet. (#PSBM-27792, OVZ# 2644)
- Container online migration could fail with messages like: "Cannot undump the file: Cannot allocate memory Error: do_rst_vma: sc_m(un)lock failed Error: do_rst_mm: failed to restore vma 0x01349000-0x0135a000: -12". This could happen if, inside the Container, a process run by the root user allocated and locked memory, then changed its effective UID. (#PSBM-27938)
- Under certain circumstances, online migration of a Container with an IPv6 address could result in a kernel panic in the inet_csk_reqsk_queue_prune() function due to a bug in the IPv6 socket restoration code. (#PSBM-28004)
- The inactive memory reclaimer algorithm now does not experience "freezes" up to several seconds long in case there is still plenty of free RAM. (#PSBM-28058)
- The number of running processes (nr_running) inside a Container in /proc/stat is now reported for all physical CPUs on the Hardware Node. (#PSBM-28277)
- Under certain circumstances, a Hardware Node with several NUMA nodes could end up with a lot of inactive slab objects (e.g., "buffer_head" objects), exceeding the limit for free slab objects. Eventually, these inactive objects could fill up the memory of the entire NUMA zone. (#PSBM-28323)
- A process could remain in the stopped state (D state) forever after migration of the Container which owned the process from PVCfL 4.0, PVCfL 4.6 or PSBM 4.0 (running 2.6.18-x kernels) to PVCfL 4.7, PSBM 5.0 or PCS 6 (running 2.6.32-x kernels). (#PSBM-28401, OVZ# 3018)
- Idle time reported for Containers in /proc/vz/vestat is now calculated correctly. (#PSBM-28403, OVZ# 3035)
- Changing socket file's UID/GID could cause the application using this socket to fail after Container online migration. (#PSBM-28424, OVZ# 2969)
3. Obtaining the Update
You can download and install the update using the vzup2date utility included in the Virtuozzo Containers for Linux 4.7 distribution set.
Copyright (c) 1999-2014 Parallels IP Holdings GmbH and its affiliates. All rights reserved.