After installing latest Java Runtime Environment, remote console of a virtual environment cannot be opened in PVA or Power Panel.
Application error message occurs:
Applicaion Blocked. Your security settings have blocked an application from running due to missing a "Permissions" manifest attribute in the main jar.
Java has further enhanced security to make the user system less vulnerable to external exploits. Starting with Java 7 Update 51, Java does not allow users to run applications that are not signed (unsigned), self-signed (not signed by trusted authority) or that are missing permission attributes.
PVA functionality will be corrected in scope of the product issue PVA-34004: "Can't open VM console if Java has security settings 'High'".
- Go to the Java Control Panel (On Windows Click Start and then Configure Java)
- Click on the Security tab
- Click on the Edit Site List button
- Click Add in the Exception Site List window
- Enter the url (including protocol, IP address and port) of PVA Management Node (e.g. https://10.10.10.10:4648)