How to migrate physical server's OS to Virtuozzo virtual machine?
Migration from the physical host, as well as the migration of other vendors (Xen\KVM\Hyper-V\Vmware) virtual machines should be done via parallels-transporter-agent
Installing the Parallels Agent
The Parallels agent collects essential system data on the source physical computer and supplies it to the pmigrate utility on the destination Parallels server. To install the agent, do the following:
- Make sure that the source physical computer meets the requirements for installing the agent.
- Log in to the source physical computer as administrator.
Copy the correct agent installation file to the source physical computer from the
/usr/share/pmigrate/toolsdirectory on the destination Parallels server:
- For a Linux OS, choose parallels-transporter-agent-XXXX.run.
- For a Windows OS, choose ParallelsTransporterAgent-parallels-XXXX.exe.
- Run the installation file on the source physical computer and follow the wizard’s instructions.
- Restart the source physical computer to complete the installation. Note: The Parallels agent is launched automatically after restart. You do not need to run in manually.
Migrating Source Physical Computer
Once the source physical computer(or VM of some vendor) is up and running, you can migrate it to a virtual machine or Container on the destination Parallels server. For example, to migrate a physical computer to a virtual machine, run the following command on the destination Virtuozzo server:
# pmigrate h root:email@example.com v MyVM
- h indicates that the migration source is a physical computer(or other vendor VM).
- root:firstname.lastname@example.org contains the source physical computer credentials and IP address.
If you omit credentials, you will be asked to provide them during command execution. - v indicates that the migration destination is a virtual machine. - MyVM is the name of the resulting virtual machine on the destination Parallels server.
Once the procedure is complete, you will find the resulting virtual machine in the /var/parallels directory on the destination Parallels server.
Details for other migration options can be found in the documentation