This update for Virtual Automation 6.1 provides a number of new features and bug fixes.
This update contains the following new features:
- Email notifications. Notifications are sent about changes to user accounts (passwords, usernames), statuses of pending requests to create virtual environments, and failure of VE/node backup and VE restart tasks.
- Support for VirtIO network adapter. VirtIO NIC was added to the list of virtual machine network adapters. Note that VirtIO is supported on Parallels Cloud Server 6 Update 9 and newer and not available on earlier products.
- New memory counter. The new virtual machine memory counter counter_memory_mem_cached contains the amount of memory used for disk caches.
- Custom SSL certificates now persist after PVA updates.
This update contains fixes for the following issues
- PVA-33138: Hidden Open Console links for VEs on slaves that did not support VNC console for this type of VE.
- PVA-34375: Containers with the old layout could not be backed up with PVA Agent version 6.0.2695 and newer.
- PVA-34465: Could not browse contents of Windows container backups remotely placed on Linux nodes.
- PVA-33631: Details of scheduled tasks involving multiple Container backup did not indicate backup failures.
- PVA-34571: counter_iops_used was not cleared on Container stop and could show nonzero values for a stopped Container.
- PVA-34664: In certain circumstances, Containers could not be created from templates.
- PVA-34699: Network adapter order could change after adding new network adapters.
- PVA-34742: Not stopping the pvappd daemon properly could lead to a crash.
- A number of other issues (#PVA-33887, #PVA-33996, #PVA-34199, #PVA-34426, #PVA-34467, #PVA-34652, #PVA-34740).
Obtaining the Update
You can download and install VA Agent and Master updates using the installer included in the Virtual Automation distribution. For more information on Virtual Automation 6.0 builds, releases, and supported virtualization products, please see KB article 112297.