SymptomsSometimes it is necessary to have an easy way to redirect an already logged user, from custom control panel to the sitebuilder control panel, something like single sign-on.
Sitebuilder feature "External Login" functionality specifically for that purpose.
This is the way for a 3rd-party website to seamlessly integrate the SiteBuilder UI into their navigation.
It works like follows:
- you direct either GET or POST query to the handler address:
http://sitebuilderserver.tld/ExternalLogin.ashx (SiteBuilder for Windows)
http://sitebuilderserver.tld/external_login.php (SiteBuilder for Linux)
Where http://sitebuilderserver.tld/ means your Sitebuilder application root (Note that there is no such file - external login is performed by an HTTP handler), and parameters are:
- "Login". User login Id. Required
- "Password". User password. Required.
- "SiteID". ID of the site to open in Wizard after successfull login. Optional.
- "ShowAdmin". If not empty (and no SiteID were used) will redirect to the admin panel on successfull login. Optional
- "HideNavigation". Makes sense only for ShowAdmin: hides the navigation on the left. Not supported since Sitebuilder 4.0 for Linux
- "DisableGoToAdminPanel". Removes the button "Go to Admin Panel" from Wizard UI for the duration of the session. Applies only to Sitebuilder 4.0 for Linux and subsequent versions.
- "ReturnUrl". An URL to redirect to on a successfull login. Used if neither SiteID nor ShowAdmin are present. Optional.
- "FailUrl". An URL to redirect to on a login failure. Optional, but highly recommended to specify.
- "Skin". An id of skin to select in the new session. Can be one of the following in SB 3.0 and 3.1:
- "Language". Defines the session UI language by standard culture code, for example "en", "en-US", or "ru-RU". Optional.
Here is a GET request example:
Note: POST request is recommended to avoid saving the sensitive info in the browser navigation history