It's impossible to create or delete categories in eShop or ImageGallery modules. Cannot add new products to eShop. The following error is shown in GUI:
Internal system error. Please contact administrator if the problem persists
Failed to load some module designers
The following error is displayed in
Error SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Web.UI.BaseWizardPage  SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Modules.Storage.Common.StorageException: DatabaseError ---> System.Exception: Operation must use an updateable query.
Critical SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Web.LoggingModule  System.Exception: Something weird happend. ---> SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Modules.Storage.Common.StorageException: DatabaseError ---> System.Exception: Could not delete from specified tables.
ERROR SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Modules.WebControls.Util.StorageExceptionHander - StorageException occured. Inner exception is logged. System.Exception: Operation must use an updateable query.
The issue might be caused by lost Write Allow permission on App_Data directory on the publishing side for the user under which Application Pool for the website is running.
Restore Write Allow permission on App_Data directory for the user under which Application Pool for the website is running.
Review the section "Published site requirements" at the SiteBuilder for Windows requirements page for the detail. In order to verify the permissions:
- Log on to the machine where published site resides
- Find the Virtual Site that corresponds to the trouble site in IIS Manager
- Check for the Application Pool under which the web application runs
- Find the Application Pool in the IIS Manager and check for the Identity under which it is running
- Find the physical folder where site is published to
- Check the security settings on the App_Data subfolder and make sure it allows Modify permissions to the account you found on step 4.
Note: under normal circumstances these settings are automatically provided by the provisioning system SiteBuilder is integrated to. In case these problems happen frequently, contact the provisioning system developers for help on resolving this issue.
Note: SiteBuilder 3.2 for Windows and subsequent versions support improved target location status verification. Lack of the necessary permissions will be reported immediately when user attempts to publish the site into a designated location.