A program, which is using national characters in a non-Unicode encoding is not displayed properly inside a container. The national symbols are shown as decoded incorrectly.
However, the same program is displayed properly on the Hardware Node.
ResolutionEven if you have some national regional settings which are set on the node, it’s impossible to choose that native character set inside the container(VE).
Note: It is mandatory to set the same lnagauge on the node if it is necessary to setup the same language inside VE.
To set this within the container(VE), you would do the following:
1. Go to Start, Control Panel
2. Choose Regional and Language Options.
3. Open Regional Options tab.
4. Select the required language there.
5. Open Advanced tab.
6. Select the required language there.
7. The Wizard will ask you to copy files from local location or from CD, so it necessary to have access to the i386 distributive.
8. Browse for the file needed.
9. Restart the container, if required.
After that it should be possible to choose required character set.
Note: Parallels Virtuozzo Containers 4.0 version allows to choose differentl language for non-unicode programs inside a container independent on language settings configured on the node.