Starting in the spring of 2007, daylight saving time (DST) start and end dates for the United States will transition to comply with the Energy Policy Act of 2005. DST dates in the United States will start three weeks earlier, at 2:00 A.M. on the second Sunday in March. DST will end one week later, at 2:00 A.M. on the first Sunday in November.
An update VZU35138 for Virtuozzo Windows 3.5.1 was released to assure a full compatibility with Microsoft’s cumulative update KB931836
Instructions on how to update your Virtuozzo Windows server
1. Install VZU35138 update using “Virtuozzo Update Wizard”
2. Reboot the node
3. KB931836 should be come available via Windows Update shortly, or you can run “wuauclt.exe /detectnow" from a cmd prompt to initiate detection.
4. Install KB931836. Restart all VEs on a server
Alternative Installation Instructions
NOTE the following procedure should be done on the Virtuozzo hardware node. No steps should be done in Virtual Environment context.
1. Depending on your Hardware Node architecture, download and install the update package from the Microsoft Download Center:
* Download the Update for Windows Server 2003
* Download the Update for Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition
2. Install VZU35138 update using “Virtuozzo Update Wizard”
3. Reboot the node
Microsoft Exchange Compatibility Important
If you are running Microsoft Exchange Server in a VE, you must take additional measures to guarantee the correct operation of Exchange Server. For more information about the Exchange DST update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: KB926666.
In order to verify installation, after completing all install instructions please do the following:
1 .Using RDP, login to a Virtuozzo Windows node
2. Open cmd prompt
3. Run the following command to query Time Zone information inside a Service VE:
C:\>vzctl exec 1 reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\Eastern Standard Time\Dynamic DST" /s
4. Following output indicates successful installation:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\Eastern Standard Time\Dynamic DST
FirstEntry REG_DWORD 0x7d6
LastEntry REG_DWORD 0x7d7
2006 REG_BINARY 2C01000000000000C4FFFFFF00000A0000000500020000000000000000000400000001000200000000000000
2007 REG_BINARY 2C01000000000000C4FFFFFF00000B0000000100020000000000000000000300000002000200000000000000
Command 'exec' is successfully finished