Starting from the Virtuozzo 3.5.1 SP1 release, there aren’t any specific actions required with Citrix installation. It should be installed in the traditional manner, and here is a brief set of instructions:
1. Make sure you have all the Virtuozzo updates installed on the Hardware Node and restart the host server if needed.
2. Create a new Virtual Environment (VE) with at least the following:
512 MB of RAM, 2 GB of disk space, and 100 processes
3. Run Start -> SWsoft -> Virtuozzo -> Configure Network and set the VE to Terminal Server mode instead of Remote administration.
The same can be done from the command line, for per user and per device licensing modes respectively:
vzctl set VPSID --save --tsmode app_user
vzctl set VPSID --save --tsmode app_device
4. Rename the VE and restart it for the changes to take effect.
5. DO NOT join the VE to a domain.
6. Set both the Server and the Spooler Services for automatic startup.
7. Start the Citrix installation using the defaults with the "MS access database" when creating a new farm. Restart the server when prompted.
8. Apply all related Citrix updates and restart the environment, if prompted.
9. Check that Citrix works properly and is able to connect to the appropriate resources.
10. Stop the VE and create a clone of it. For future potential use, you may want to keep the original VE stopped and have it remain on the HN.
11. You will need to change the IP address and the Hostname for the cloned VE. Once these settings have taken effect, the VE can be added to any Domain.
Note: If you joined the VE to a domain before cloning, make sure to remove it from the domain and then add it back.