SymptomsParallels Plesk Panel (PP) Control Panel is operating slowly.
Jet is used as the PP database engine. The most likely reason for the problem is a large PP database file, psa.mdb. This could be caused by having a number of empty records in this database. Empty records appear when any entry is removed from the database – this is a standard behavior of DB4 databases.
If logging in to the PP Control Panel takes a long time, there may be a very large number of records in the “Sessions” table of the PP database.
- Stop Plesk Control Panel and Plesk Management services.
- Use the following VBS script to compress the psa.mdb file. (It is necessary to create a file, e.g., script.vbs, paste the below-provided text there, and then run the new script.vbs script.):
Set Engine = CreateObject("JRO.JetEngine")
Engine.CompactDatabase "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=psa.mdb", "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=compressed_psa.mdb"
- Rename psa.mdb to psa.mdb_old.
- Rename compressed_psa.mdb to psa.mdb.
- Start Plesk Control Panel and Plesk Management services.
Erase the table with the following command:
"%plesk_bin%\dbclient.exe" --direct-sql --sql="delete from `sessions`"
Additional Information%plesk_dir% is an environmental variable which points to the PP installation folder. By default, it is C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk.
%plesk_bin% is an environmental variable which, by default, points to C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin.