Plesk Billing provides a flexible system for setting up admins within the system. Using admin groups, you can create custom priveleges for various different kinds of admins, such as billing admins and server provisioning admins. By default, Plesk Billing creates four admins: the root user, an order form user, an API user, and a cron user.
The root user is created using the information you entered during the installation process, and is the main login you use to enter Plesk Billing. The order form, API, and cron users enable these parts of the system to have the level of access they need to function properly. Do not remove these admins.
Creating New Admins
- Click on System -> System Settings -> Admin Settings -> Add New Admin
- Fill in the following:
- First Name
- The first name of the admin.
- Last Name
- The last name of the admin.
- The email address of the admin.
- The username you would like the admin to have.
- New Password
- Enter the password the admin will use.
- Enter Password Again
- Enter the password a second time for verification.
- If you have a custom theme, you can choose for the admin to use it.
- Choose the language you would like Plesk Billing to appear in for this admin. Plesk Billing will use the language and country choice to determine which locale best fits this admin.
- Enter the country in which this admin resides. This helps determine the locale to use for the admin. For example, if you choose Portuguese, Plesk Billing can either use the Protuguese locale or the Brazilian Portuguese locale, depending on where your admin lives.
- You can activate and deactivate admins as you need.
- Assigned Admin Groups
- You must choose a group to assign this admin to. You can create additional
admin groupsas needed.
- Click "add admin profile."
Editing Existing Admins
If you need to change any of the settings for one of your admins, you will follow a procedure similar to creating an admin.
- Click on System -> System Settings -> Admin Settings. This will show you a list of all admins already in the system.
- Click on the green pencil icon in the actions column of the admin you would like to edit. The green pencil icon indicates the ability to edit.
- Make any changes you need to to the settings. You will note that the password fields are empty. Do not put anything in these fields unless you want to change the password.
- When you're done, click "update profile."
Creating Admin Groups
Creating admin groups allows you to grant specific sets of actions to certain admins or groups of admins. For example, if you have an employee who will be taking care of billing for you, but who doesn't need to look at any reports, you can created an admin group called billing, add actions to this group relating to generating and paying invoices, and remove any actions relating to reporting.
- Click on System -> System Settings -> Admin Settings -> Manage Admin Groups. This will display a list of the admin groups already in your system (there are two by default).
- In the upper right corner, you will see a field next to a button called "add new group." Enter the new group name here, and click the button.
- The first section prompts you to add the admins you want to the group. If you are creating the group before adding the admins, your new group will appear as a choice for you later while you're creating the admin.
- The second section allows you to pick and choose which actions to allow this new admin group. They are organized by theme. If you are not sure which actions to add, please see the section below on creating custom priveleges.
- When you're done, click "update action assignments."
Creating Custom Priveleges for Admin Groups
If you're having trouble figuring out which actions you need to add to your admin to allow them to carry out their essential functions, you can use the Record Actions feature to find them for you.
- Click on System -> System Settings -> Admin Settings -> Manage Admin Groups.
- Click "Manage Actions" for the admin group you want to add actions to.
- Click on "Clich to record actions." (can be found in the title bar of the second actions section).
- Now, navigate through the system, performing whatever task or tasks you are unsure of the action names for. Plesk Billing will automatically add any actions not already permitted to the list.
- When you are done, click "Stop Recording" in the upper right hand corner of the screen. You will be taken back to the admin actions page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click "update action assignments.". This will save the actions added by the recording.