If you are using a top-tier gateway such as authorize.net or bluepay to process your credit card transactions, the payment queue settings govern how and when invoices are added to and processed by the event
- Payment Queue Action:
- This determines whether the items in the payment queue get sent to the gateway as Charge, also called AUTH_CAPTURE, or Authorization Only, which will require a payment capture at a later point in time. Generally, this is set to Charge. If you wish to have the gateway just authorize transactions and collect payment later, then set this to Authenticate Only. Please be aware that if you do this, you will need to manually capture the funds for all recurring credit card transactions.
Proccess New Invoices:
- Do you want to process new invoices? If set to No, you will need to run all new invoices manually.
Proccess Declined Transactions:
- Do you want to process invoices with declined transactions? If set to Yes, the system will process these invoices according to the failure retry time set in the file
/lib-billing/include/config/config.php. If set to No, ModernBill will never automatically retry declined invoices. You will have to do this manually.
Proccess Errored Transactions:
- Do you want to process invoices with errored transactions? If set to Yes, the system will process these invoices according to the failure retry time set in the file
/lib-billing/include/config/config.php. If set to No, ModernBill will never automatically retry errored invoices. You will have to do this manually.
Charge On Due Date Only:
- Do you want to charge the invoices only on the date invoices are due? If this is set to Yes, invoices will only be added to the queue on their due date (the due date for invoices is set in
Invoice Settings). If set to No, invoices will be added to the payment queue after they are created.
Clear The Payment Queue First:
- This should be set to Yes. If you do not clear the payment queue before a new one is generated, then invoices may be run multiple times.
Try Lesser Amounts:
- The feature planned for this setting has not been implemented yet. Please set to No.
Enable Advanced Share Editing:
- This feature allows you to assign several different billing accounts to pay a single package, and then assign custom "weights" to each of these. For example, if a client wants to use three credit cards to pay for one package, and wants to have 75% charged to one card, 20% to another, and 5% to another, you will need to enable this setting to allow this.
Generate Batch Prior To Due Date (Number of Days):
- How many days before the due date do you want to generate the payment queue? A normal value for this is 1.
Payment Queue Line Item Threshold:
- How many line itmes do you want to be run by the payment queue before the process ends and spawns another one? Because php has timeout limits for processes, this value helps tell Plesk Billing how many items to run in a single process. This helps to prevent your payment processes from hitting the timeout in php and dying.