The term order form can be somewhat misleading. An order form is not the form which you create off which your clients order your products. Instead, it's more of a structure that ties together various parts of the system involved in ordering, in a way than enables you to integrate Plesk Billing with your site. Order forms tie together payment groups and products with a currency and locale information. Website widgets are also tied to order forms, and are how you integrate your product offerings with your website.
Order forms are also an important part of
Configuring Your Order Form
Assuming that you are working with a single currency, you only need to have one order form set up. During instalation, an order form is created for you. All you need to do is configure it to fit your needs. Begin by clicking on the green pencil icon to edit the order form. The following describes each of the fields and what they configure.
- Order Form Name
- This name will be displayed at the top of the order form by default.
- Payment Group
- This payment group will be used to process all transactions for packages purchased with this order form. Setting a payment group also defines the currency that will be used to charge for those packages. You should have prices defined for the product, in this currency, before you relate them to this order form.
- Customers ordering through this order form will be associated with this company that you have set up in Plesk Billing.
- This is the default language for the order form. This can be overriden in the URL along with the default country by using set_locale=en_US where the first two characters as the language, and the last two the country. You must use ISO 639-2 abbreviations for the language.
- This is the default country for the order form. This can be overriden in the URL along with the default country by using set_locale=en_US where the first two characters as the language, and the last two the country. You must use ISO 3166 abbreviations for the country. This, along with the currency of the payment group selected, determines how currency symbols will be displayed.
- Verify VAT Numbers
- Attempt to verify the validity of VAT numbers through this order form and apply VAT only when necessary.
- Disable Charging
- Collect credit card information but do not attempt to charge.
- Domain Options
- These options control what the customer can purchase.
- Perform WHOIS lookups for prospective domains.
- Allow purchase of new domains.
- Transfer Domain
- Allow customer to use existing domain.
- Allow the customer to skip this step.
- 'Free' Email Banning
- Set this to prevent potential customers from using \"free\" email addresses like yahoo.com or gmail.com on the order form.
- Order Email Banning Message
- This is the default mesasge that will display when a new client tries to register with a banned email address.
- IP Banned Message
- The message to display instead of the order form when an IP in the banned list has been detected. Unlike email banning, this check cannot be removed. IPs are added to the bans table in your Plesk Billing database either manually, or via
FraudGuardian's Hard Reject option.
- Enable Check Option
- Display the option to allow customers to pay by check.
- Enable Invoice Option
- Display the option to allow customers to pay by invoice.
- Enable Bank Draft Option
- Display the option to allow customers to pay by bank draft.
- Minimum Username Length
- The minimum length of a username a client may enter on the order form.
- Maximum Username Length
- The maximum length of a username a client may enter on the order form.
- Minimum Password Length
- The minimum length of a password a client may enter on the order form.
- Maximum Password Length
- The maximum length of a password a client may enter on the order form.
- Continue Shopping URL
- Input the URL that you want your customers to be sent to when they click the continue shopping button in the cart.
- Terms and Conditions Page
- Your Terms and Conditions Page.
- Assigned Products and Unassigned Products
- Move products to the Assigned Products column to have them display on the order form. If you do not include a Domain Registration Product, the above Domain Options will not appear on the order form. Move products using the up and down arrow to determine their display order on the order form. Product prices are determined by the currency used in this order form's Payment Group assigned above.
- Assigned Coupons and Unassigned Coupons
- Move coupons to the Assigned Coupons column to have them available for use on the order form. Coupons will only be applied to the applicable products.
When you have finished making changes to your order form configuration, please remember to click the "submit" button so your changes are saved.
Adding a Second or Third Order Form
If you are going to be charging your clients in more than one currency, then you need to have one order form for each currency. To create a new order form, click on System -> Order Settings -> Order Form Settings. This page lists your current order forms. From here, click on "Add New Order Form" in the upper right hand corner. This generates a second order form. You can use the instructions above to configure this second order form.