Synopsis: New Parallels Infrastructure Manager 4.0 update provides fixes related to SOAP, backup, Containers migration, Virtuozzo Containers command line interface, and templates management functionality
Issue date: 2008-06-20
Product: Parallels Infrastructure Manager 4.0
Keywords: backups security compat SOAP migration templates
Updated packages for Parallels Infrastructure Manager 4.0 providing user-level tools fixes for the following functionality:
- SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol);
- migrating Containers between Hardware Nodes;
- Virtuozzo Containers command line interface.
2. Problem description:
- When cloning several Containers at once, all the cloned Containers get the MAC address of the original Container.
- An error may occur when restoring a Container containing one or more files with unicode names.
- It is impossible to back up Containers having one or more disk drives mounted to loopback files on the Hardware Node.
- Parallels Infrastructure Manager displays the 'In progress' message for an already finished task aimed at updating the Hardware Node.
- Parallels Business Automation (former HSPC) fails to set Container parameters on the Destination Node after the Container migration.
- Logging in to a Container via Parallels Power Panel with the credentials of the Plesk admininstrator may fail.
- Backups created on a Hardware Node running Virtuozzo 3.5.1 for Windows cannot be restored on a Node having Virtuozzo Containers 4.0 installed if this Node belongs to a Virtuozzo Group with the Linux Master Node.
- Parallels Infrastructure Manager incorrectly displays the CPU information for systems having dual core processors installed.
- It is impossible to log in to a Container via Parallels Power Panel as a non-root user.
- An incorrect IP address is used during the Container migration from the Master Node to a Slave Node if the Virtuozzo Support Tunnel tool is launched.
- It is impossible to restore a removed Container using Virtuozzo Containers command line utilities.
- Parallels Infrastructure Manager does not provide the appropriate means for saving Virtuozzo tools parameters and data.
- Virtuozzo tools incorrectly detect the Asianux distribution.
- It is impossible to migrate large-sized Containers via Parallels Business Automation (former HSPC).
- Parallels Infrastructure Manager does not provide full support for backing up Containers using the vzbackup utility.
- Users from external authentication databases are not allowed to perfrom workflow operations in Parallels Infrastructure Manager.
- Calls to the vzbackup utility cannot be used in cmd scripts.
- Parallels Infrastructure Manager does not see backups created on Hardware Nodes running Virtuozzo 3.5.1 and located on a network share.
- Parallels Business Automation may migrate Containers in the 'offline' mode even if the 'online' migration is requested.
- It is impossible to log in to the Plesk application as a non-administrator user.
- A cross-site request forgery vulnerability may exist in the Parallels Power Panel file manager.
- Parallels Infrastructure Manager may not see some backups created on Hardware Nodes running Virtuozzo 3.0.
- It is impossible to gain access to the Parallels Agent using the SOAP interface in the compatibility mode.
- Some Virtuozzo Containers functions are not available via the SOAP interface.
- It is impossible to log in to a Container via Parallels Power Panel as a user with administrative privileges.
All Parallels Infrastructure Manager 4.0 users are advised to update their tools packages.
3. Affected components description:
- Parallels Infrastructure Manager is a tool designed for managing Hardware Nodes and all Containers residing on them with the help of a standard Web browser on any platform.
- Parallels Management Console is a Virtuozzo Containers management andmonitoring tool with graphical user interface. It is used to control individual Hardware Nodes and their Containers. Management Console is cross-platform and runs on both Microsoft Windows and Linux workstations.
- Parallels Power Panel is a means for administering individual Containers with the help of a standard Web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla, etc.) on any platform.
- Parallels Agent (or Parallels Agent Protocol) is an XML-based protocol used to monitor and manage Hardware Nodes and their Containers. The Parallels Agent software implements this protocol and is a backend for Virtuozzo tools (Parallels Infrastructure Manager, Parallels Management Console, and Parallels Power Panel).
4. Bug fixes:
- 95624 Backing up Containers with SCSI loopbacks may fail
- 98315 Linux Hardware Node disappears from drop-down menu when creating a new Container from a placed Container request
- 98557 Cannot start Container after p2v migration
- 98592 Locally defined Virtual Network does not have the "Locally defined" inscription in the list
- 99452 The restore_env operation may leave Container in "restoring" state
- 100405 vzabackup displays the following error during its execution on x86 Nodes: "Cannot set disk quota for Container"
- 100407 The vzaop memory dump is produced after running the MigratorFunc test
- 100759 Support of automatic Service Container update is needed
- 100934 CPU counters do not work for Linux Containers (compat functionality)
- 100936 DBM answer message is not correct
- 97005 Master Node does not get logs on the operation completion after Slave Node reboot. Infrastructure Manager reports that vzup2date is running even if the operation has failed.
- 100714 A vulnerability exists in the VZPP file manager
- 100761 bspatch.exe hangs during the PIMU400002 installation
- 99589 The 'start_log'/'stop_log' commands of the 'hwm' module do not work in compat mode
- 100149 snmp shows an unknown license status
- 100773 VZAProc_info.wsdl does not exist
- 100785 VZAprocessm.wsdl has an incorrectly defined kill function
- 100868 SOAP compat functionality does not work
- 100958 computerm/get_diskResponse/disk/partition/blocks & inodes contain invalid type: "resourceType"
- 100961 computerm/get_date, set_date, get_zones_info have to response and are not exported to WSDL
- 100968 Descendants of server_group/get_vocabularyResponse/vocabulary contain invalid namespaces
- 84168 MAC addresses of bridged network adapters should be regenerated during Container cloning
- 87981 Restoring Containers that contain files with unicode names fails
- 97552 Failed to migrate Container from one Node to another via Parallels Business Automation (former HSPC)
- 97688 Crash occurs when canceling an upload task
- 98205 Backup created on 3.x Hardware Node cannot be restored on Node running Virtuozzo Containers 4.0 and belonging to Virtuozzo Group
- 98764 Virtuozzo Containers 4.0 incorrectly displays CPU information for systems with dual core processors
- 99416 A strange error is produced by vzbackupsync
- 99574 Container ID was changed after restoring the removed Container
- 99586 Parallels Agent vocabulary contains incorrect values (compat functionality)
- 99790 File version of vzaop.exe should reflect correct Parallels Agent version
- 99831 Cannot restore removed Container
- 99902 Parallels Infrastructure Manager doesn't have procedure to save tools parameters and data
- 100562 Parallels Business Automation migrates Container offline even if online migration is requested
- 100725 The output of 'vzrestore -l -f' is truncated (compat functionality)
- 99368 Possibility to choose Node IP address is needed. Container migration fails when the Virtuozzo Support Tunnel tool is launched.
- 100335 It is not possible to specify network mask when creating more than one Container in Parallels Infrastructure Manager
- 94409 Translation is not full for the 'Configure Logging' screen
- 98079 Failed to log in to Parallels Power Panel as Plesk admininstrator
- 98745 A redirect loop occurs when trying to log in to port 8443 if license has no Parallels Infrastructure Manager support
- 98781 When the Master Node runs Windows, file manager does not work for Containers in repairing state
- 99216 Possibility to log in to Parallels Power Panel as non-root user is needed
- 99628 Bad location of the /tmp/.vzl Parallels Agent directory
- 99664 Parallels Infrastructure Manager: incorrect location of the context menu
- 99920 Asianux distribution is not correctly detected
- 99938 Tutorial: swsoft.com URL is present on the Introduction page
- 99942 Tutorial: swsoft.com URL is present on some screens
- 100048 Default timeout in VZAOpCompat for migration is too small
- 100170 The %post vzagent-opcontrol command exits with error
- 100375 Full support of Linux tar-based 'vzbackup' scheme is needed
- 100394 Workflow does not work for users from external authentication databases
- 100399 An overlapped socket is used when connecting to Parallels Infrastructure Manager
- 100417 vzbackup.exe cannot run in cmd scripts
- 100482 vzbackup.exe shows an incorrect error message
- 100484 Can't sync backups created on 3.x Nodes from network share
- 100580 Can't log in to Plesk as non-admininstrator
- 100607 Problem occurs when installing application templates whose version equals 1
- 100900 Cannot log in to Parallels Power Panel as user with administrative privileges
- 98950 Problem with Reinstallation through PPP
On the Virtuozzo Windows host, run Virtuozzo Update Wizard (vzupdate.exe) and follow the instructions. This wizard will install all the recent Parallels Infrastructure Manager updates and hotfixes in the correct sequence.
The update does not require Virtuozzo restart or system reboot.
Please see how to check current Parallels Infrastructure Manager version and number of installed Parallels Infrastructure Manager updates.
This update can be downloaded via ftp from downloads.swsoft.com. If you do not have an ftp account, please contact email@example.com.
You can also download and install this tools update using the vzup2date utility included in the Virtuozzo Containers 4.0 distribution.
First, use the "rpm -Fhv" command to install the new Virtuozzo Containers
# rpm -Fhv virtuozzo-release-4.0.0-431.swsoft.i386.rpm \
Then make sure that the Service Container on the Node is running and
issue the following command:
# vzsveupgrade --skip-client -d <path_to_this_update_directory>
The update does not require Virtuozzo restart or system reboot.
The following RPM packages are included in the tools update: