1. Parallels Virtuozzo Containers 4.0 must be installed.
2. Start Virtuozzo Update Wizard and install the VZU400005 update.
3. Install Sentinel Protection Installer 7.4.0.exe on the Host.
4. Create the container on the Host and start it. (We will further refer to this as container number 101.)
5. Connect the Sentinel USB dongle to the Host. A named USB device will appear in the Device Manager.
6. Open the Device Manager on the Host and find the new named USB device.
7. Open the Properties of this device and click on the tab Detail.
8. Copy the device instance ID of this USB device.
9. Here is an example of a command to connect a USB device to the container:
vzdevctl add 101 --deviceid "USB\PNP0400\5&324D5432&0" --alias HKEY --connect --exclusive
(where 101 is the container ID and USB\PNP0400\5&324D5432&0 is the device instance ID from Device Manager for the USB device.)
10. Verify that the Device Manager of the container contains the devices you added.
11. Now it is necessary to install Sentinel Protection Installer 7.4.0.exe again, but inside the container.
12. After installation of the Sentinel drivers, the USB dongle in the Device Manager of the container can remain an "unknown device." In this case, in Device Manager, use Update Driver... for this "unknown device." Also specify the folder in which Sentinel Protection Installer 7.4.0.exe should unpack the driver.
After starting Sentinel Protection Installer 7.4.0.exe, it will unpack the driver in the folder (for x86 base):
C:\Program Files\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel System Driver\
This will take place in any circumstance, even if Sentinel Protection Installer 7.4.0.exe returns an error. You can use the driver from this folder for Update Driver...