ResolutionIf you would like to switch Sitebuilder database engine from MSDE to SQL Express 2005 you should use recommended way which is in-place upgrade of MSDE. The procedure is similar to in-place upgrade of MSDE in Plesk.
If you cannot perform the in-place upgrade or have already performed a side-by-side upgrade of MSDE in Plesk you should take the following steps to switch Sitebuilder database to work in SQL Express 2005:
1. Detach Sitebuilder database on the MSDE instance by using command line tool or Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express (the database's name looks like "sitebuilder2BFB208A4851D614CBC2553BA77F586A");
2. Copy SiteBuilder database file and corresponding transaction log file from the MSDE folder:
to SQL Express 2005 folder:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data"
Note path to Data folders can be different and depends on pah pointed during Sitebuilder and SQL installation;
3. Attach Sitebuilder database to SQL Express 2005 by using command line tool or Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express;
4. By means of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express create SQL login with the following options:
- General tab:
"Login name" and "Password" have to be retrieved from "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SWsoft Sitebuilder for Windows" registry key, WSB_SQLUSER and WSB_SQLPWD values correspondingly;
"Enforce password policy" is to be unchecked;
"Default database" is set to Sitebuilder database;
- Server Roles tab:
"sysadmin" server role is to be chosen;
- User Mapping tab:
Map the database and login by checking "Map" check box;
"db_owner" and "public" are to be database roles.
5. Change "SQLSERVER" value in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SWsoft Sitebuilder for Windows" registry key from "localhost" to "localhost\sqlexpress".
6. Then it is necessary to change the connection string in web.config file as follow:
- Before changing the connection string in web.config you need to decrypt connection string section with the following command line:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -pdf connectionStrings "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\SiteBuilder\Web"
- Open "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\SiteBuilder\Web\web.config" file by using notepad;
- In <connectionStrings> section change "Data Source" value from "localhost" to "localhost\sqlexpress";
- Close and save the web.config file.