When I open File Manager in the Parallels Plesk Panel (Plesk) web interface, I get the following error:
FileList::init() failed: ls_dir_wrapper() failed: Unable to logon user (PLESK900W2K3\USER1): (1326) Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. ---------------------- Debug Info ------------------------------- 0: plib\ui_common\FileManagerUIPointer.php:709 FileManagerUIPointer->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null) 1: plib\ui\client.domain.hosting.file-manager.php:86 plesk__client__domain__hosting__file_manager->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null) 2: plib\UIPointer.php:599 UIPointer->access(string 'GET') 3: htdocs\plesk.php:42
Note: the following is applicable for a Plesk server where passwords are not encrypted, i.e. "Enhanced security mode" is not enabled. You can check whether this mode is enabled in Control panel->Tools & Settings->Security Policy:
Retrieve the password of the domain owner from the Plesk database with the command below (USER1 is the owner of the domain and can be taken from the error message):
"%plesk_bin%"\dbclient --direct-sql --sql="select su.login, a.password from accounts a, sys_users su where a.id=su.account_id and su.login='USER1'" login password USER1 p@ssw0rd
Check if the user account associated with the domain is enabled:
- Log into the server with administrative permissions
- Open Server Manager > Tools > Computer Management or run
- Open Local Users and Groups > Users and find account
- Right click on account and choose Properties
- Make sure that checkbox "Account is disabled" is unchecked and "Account is locked out" is greyed out.
Synchronize the system password in accordance with the one retrieved on the first step as follows:
net user USER1 p@ssw0rd
If "Enhanced security mode" policy is enabled:
- Login to Plesk Control Panel
- Subscriptions -> domain.tld -> Change hosting settings and update the password for FTP user.