SymptomsA container is joined to the AD domain and is configured to use obtain the IP address automatically using DHCP.
The following event is logged in the System log when you start the container:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: NETLOGON
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5719
No Domain Controller is available for domain <domain name> due to the following: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. Make sure that the computer is connected to the network and try again. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.
CauseBecause the Netlogon service may start before the network is ready, the container may be unable to locate the logon domain controller.
ResolutionHowever, after the network is ready, the container will try again to locate the logon domain controller. In this situation, the operation should be successful.
In most cases, the event ID 5719 can be safely ignored. In cases when Windows services depending on Netlogon require a correct start up order, it is recommend to apply one of the following solutions:
- Configure the given container to use static IP instead of DHCP
- Apply the solution provided by KB938449
- Apply the solution described below:
- Download the attached vznetlogon.zip file.
- Extract the vznetlogon.exe and vznl.cmd files (corresponding to server architecture).
- Copy to the %System32% folder inside the given container.
- Run vznl.cmd.
- Restart the container.