SymptomsThe following versions of software are installed:
- Parallels Virtuozzo Containers 4.5 is installed on Windows Server 2008
- PBAS 3.3.x
Provider cannot register PVC 4.5 node in PBA-S PCC in Virtuozzo Manager.
1. Install the latest version of PVC 4.5 and all updates, Parallels Infrastructure Manager 4.0 should be installed.
2. Service container should be recreated:
- Run Start > All programs > Parallels > Virtuozzo Tools > Virtuozzo Tools Configuration Wizard
- On step Service container creation:
- Uncheck Skip this step
- Check Enable API compatibility with Virtuozzo 3.x
- Set public (available from PBA-S) IP address.
- Set password for vzagent0 user.
- Click Next
- Finish wizard
3. Open firewall on Service Container:1. Login as Administrator to Service Container using RDP
Note: User Administrator is disabled by default, to enable it run the following command in command line on PVC node:
vzctl exec 1 net user Administrator PASSWORD /active:yes
where PASSWORD - any secure password you like
2. Open command line: click Start > Run, enter cmd and press OK
3. Run the following command:
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="SSH TCP for PBAS" enable=yes dir=in profile=public localip=any remoteip=<PBAS_MN_IP> localport=22 protocol=tcp remoteport=any edge=no action=allow
where PBAS_MN_IP - IP address of PBA-S server.
4. Password policy should be disabled.Run the following command on the node to disable the password complexity requirements inside the service container:
vzctl exec 1 net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited
Alternatively you can do that as follows:
- Open Start > Administrative Tools > Local security policy
- Navigate to Account Policies > Password policy
- Double-click on "Password must meet complexity requirements" and select Disable, click Ok.