InformationBy default Parallels Plesk Panel is installed with the default password 'setup' for admin user. Sometimes it is necessary to set up non-default password during installation.
Using the following instruction Parallels Plesk Panel can be installed with some custom password for admin user.
Plesk stores password for admin user in the file /etc/psa/.psa.shadow . For setting up custom password you need to create this file before Plesk installation with some value. During Plesk installation user admin will be created with password specified in file /etc/psa/.psa.shadow.
Use detailed instructions:
1. Login on the server via SSH
2. Create directory /etc/psa/
# mkdir -p /etc/psa/
3. Write desired password for admin user into the file /etc/psa/.psa.shadow
# echo "PASSWORD" > /etc/psa/.psa.shadow
4. Set up full permissions on this file. Permissions will be corrected automatically during Plesk installation.
# chmod 777 /etc/psa/.psa.shadow
5. Install Plesk using Virtuozzo templates or autoinstaller
6. After installation check that user psaadm has correct read and write permissions on the file /etc/psa/.psa.shadow.
## ls -l /etc/psa/.psa.shadow
-rw------- 1 psaadm psaadm 7 Sep 5 07:56 /etc/psa/.psa.shadow
7. Login into Control Panel with user admin using your custom password
Important notes: Do not modify the value of the file /etc/psa/.psa.shadow if Plesk is already installed on the server.