To provide you with the best Desktop Experience, Parallels has developed special Windows skin templates.
Download Windows 7 Skin for Parallels Virtuozzo Containers 4.6 running Windows Server 2008 R2.
Download Windows Vista Skin for Parallels Virtuozzo Containers 4.5 or 4.6 running Windows Server 2008.
Refer to the Templates Management Guide to understand how those templates can be installed.
- This template requires at least 500 MB of free disk space and 500 MB of virtual private memory in a Container;
- Template must be added to the Container right after it is started, and before logging in to it;
- Windows 7 template can be applied on systems with any Windows 2008 R2 Server edition.
What does it do?
Here's an example of changes made to the Guest OS by the Windows 7 template:
This template installs Desktop-Experience and RDS-RD-Server roles in CT and configures the Windows 7 theme as the default theme for the Administrator and new users.
It also makes some other changes:
- Enables audio redirection (property of RDP-Tcp connection in RD Session Host Configuration snap-in)
- Disables limitation for maximum color depth (limit maximum color depth check-box is unchecked in the same snap-in)
- Enables Allow desktop composition for remote desktop sessions policy to allow Windows Aero
- Enables Initial Configuration Tasks and Server Manager windows' appearance on login to CT
If the template does not seem to work, there may be a problem with the way you are connecting to the Container. Do the following on the machine from which you are connecting:
On Windows 7:
Verify that the Desktop background check-box on the Experience tab in
mstsc(Remote Desktop Connection) is checked.
On earlier operating systems:
Verify that the Themes and Desktop background check-boxes on the Experience tab in
mstsc(Remote Desktop Connection) are checked.